Thursday, February 11, 2010

BRIDE WINS WEDDING GOWN AT CHARITY AUCTION

Late last year after the devastating Typhoon Ondoy shook our nation, I decided to hook up with internet maven Anton Sheker who ran a charity auction to help the victims of this terrible calamity. We held a charity auction at his site www.weddings.ph
Bride-to-be Rica Pestano won a stylish couture wedding dress while helping Typhoon Ondoy victims. What a chic way to purchase a wedding dress - with style and conscience. Here is Rica right after we fitted the muslin (or lining) of her dream wedding dress! She is holding one of my couture bouquets here.
Here is the her one-of-a kind wedding gown I designed for her. It was inspired by my Rambling Rose Wedding Dress which retails at etsy.com for USD2,500. Do-gooder Rica won the auction at a cool USD650! (PhP30,000). I guess that's what one gets when she helps people in need. Congratulations Rica and best wishes on your August 2010 wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment