Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello Etsy!


I am absolutely tickled pink to kick off this Toccata blog! Why am I so excited about this? I have been designing customized wedding gowns and dresses for more than fifteen years to date. It is an understatement to say that this business is both exhilarating and exasperating at the same time. Trying to please every whim and request of the bride-to-be is no walk in the park. I have done classic weddings (hundreds of them), themed weddings ( including the famed Star Wars wedding of TV host Issa Litton).
One thing rings true: all brides-to-be have very high expectations of their dream wedding dress, and they want to see it NOW. I started looking for a creative venue doing what I do best and enjoy most - minus the high stress of daily having to assure the bride that their dresses will reach their expectations.
Enter Toccata at etsy.com - I started designing wedding cover-ups and wraps here. I thoroughly enjoy how coordinating with brides is silent and as easy as 1,2,3 using the CONVO button at etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog :) I love the honesty and enthusiasm in your entries. I can imagine how dealing with "silent" brides online on etsy.com is such a welcome change — less noise allows more of our creativity to come through our art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are there walastikholistic! Change is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete